Dear Brothers & Sisters of St. Gabriel
You all know the growing challenges we face from the ongoing pandemic, and the toll it is taking on our local area and across the country. I want to thank you first for your diligence and caution as we gather in prayer as a community. We are blessed that we can continue to worship together with proper measures in place, that our St. Mary Catholic Schools have been able to serve students safely, and minister to parishioners of all ages as well as we are able. At Masses and any other event, we will continue to observe strict social distancing, wearing masks properly, sanitizing hands and surfaces, and avoiding unnecessary risks. For the time being, we do not anticipate any change to our practices, unless diocesan or civil directives are enacted.
With this in mind, and especially as the holidays approach, we cannot afford to let our guard down. I urge you to re-dedicate yourself to those precautions and to keep in mind the following:
- If you are at risk and do not feel safe in attending Mass or other gatherings, please stay home. This is even more important if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms. You are NOT under any obligation to attend under these circumstances!
- Please make good decisions regarding holiday celebrations. The safest way is to avoid any mixing of households, and to find ways to connect by phone, computer, etc. We want to keep others safe and healthy to enjoy other gatherings in the future!
- The livestream Mass is available weekly, and there is also the televised Mass with Bishop Ricken at 10:00 on Sunday mornings on WFRV. Other options are also online, TV, or radio.
- We are adding Mass times for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in an effort to safely accommodate all who wish to attend.
- Our parish staff and volunteers are doing our best to communicate with every household by mail, phone, or social media. We miss you and want to keep connected the best way possible! Please help us by keeping your contact information updated, and let us know of any particular needs you may have for prayer or support.
Finally, thank you all so much for your thoughtful expressions of sympathy and prayer on the passing of my mother, Dorothy Peeters. I am very touched by your words and support, and I am grateful for each of you. We will be celebrating her funeral as a family the day after Thanksgiving.
May God continue to bless and keep you and your loved ones.
St. Gabriel the Archangel… pray for us.